The winter 2017 NPT Newsletter is hot off the press ...
... and available in cool, easy-to-read PDF digital format here.
In this issue:
- City's draft Master Plan "infill map" prompts NPT response --- and city clarification ... and forthcoming revision.
- Join us at the Pike-Cushing-Bachman House for NPT's Annual Meeting and Members Party Sunday, February 26, 2017, 3:00-5:30 p.m. The meeting/party features an update on NPT education and advocacy efforts --- and light refreshments --- all in the ambiance of the 1810 Pike-Cushing-Bachman House at 63 High Street.
- "Cooking in Beehive Ovens" March 4, 2017, 3:30-5:30 p.m. --- Open for registration! Back by popular demand, historic fireplace expert Richard Irons will give an overview of brick oven construction, explain how the oven works, and give a real-time cooking demonstration --- with hands-on participation.
- Preservation Award nominations due by March 15, 2017. Go straight to the Nomination Form. Here's an election you can feel good about --- Send in your nominations for NPT's 2017 Preservation Awards.
- Preservation Week 2017set for May 16-21, 2017. This year's theme: "Newburyport in the Historic American Buildings Survey."
- NPT nominated as a "Trailblazer" by Essex National Heritage Area. Now you can vote NPT to the top of the heap.
Happy reading ... and feel free to share your newsletter with interested folks and prospective NPT members.